Space heater – a heating unit that heats the air flow, which is blown through a special element with the help of a fan built into the “body”. These are popular heaters for the price and ease of use.
Such devices differ not only in design and color, but also in “stuffing”. What is inside is much more important, because the term of operation, reliability and uninterrupted operation depend on it. Each model consists of a “body”, a heating element and a fan. Consider how to choose a device so that the device is durable and practical. These reviews can help you choose the best option based on quality and price.
The 10 Best Space Heaters Consumer Report 2021
1. Lasko 5409 Ceramic Portable Space Heater
Well-designed machinery of this company is reliable and quality. This space heater from Lasko is compact and includes a handle for portability. Easily adjust temperature, heat settings, and turn oscillation on or off. The ceramic heating elements are designed to heat in a fast and efficient manner. It’s perfect for use in rooms that are smaller than 300 square feet. The heater comes fully assembled and ready for use. This heater from Lasko is small but powerful. It’s ideal for use on a tabletop or desk and can be used in most small spaces. The Lasko 5409 Ceramic Portable Space Heater feature widespread oscillation to help spread the heat around quickly.
- can be used on high heat, low heat, or as a fan to circulate air
- has a heating coverage of up to 300 square feet
- unit is ETL listed
- has a convenient carrying handle on top
- the adjustable thermostat lets you choose a comfortable temperature
- has 3 different settings
2. Lasko Model 100 MyHeat Personal Space Heater
This ceramic heater from Lasko is perfect for use in small spaces. You will be able to easily transfer the heater to a suitable place and direct the heating in the right direction. Floor fan heater can be installed on any flat surface – countertop, cabinet, shelf. Built-in Safety Features – overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. It has a simple design with a power switch that makes it easy to turn the unit on or off. This personal heater is perfect for use in an office or bedroom. It’s easy to use with very simple controls. The heater provides 200 watts of power and can heat up small rooms quickly. This space heater from Lasko is affordable and easy to use. The Lasko Model 100 MyHeat space heater is compact and lightweight so you can easily move it around as needed. It’s also safe to use.
- includes overheat protection for safety
- comes fully assembled so you can use it right out of the box
- ceramic heating elements heat up quickly
- low power usage won’t significantly increase your power costs
- uses only 200 watts of power
- builtin fan distributes heat evenly
3. Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater
This fan heater will give you comfort and coziness in any weather. This unit has a digital thermostat readout so you can adjust the temperature to your exact preferences. Lasko’s compact, yet powerful space heater can be easily moved from room-to-room for added warmth. This space heater from Lasko has a tower shape which makes it ideal for use in smaller rooms. It comes fully assembled so you can use it right out of the box. This heater has ceramic heating elements that heat up quickly to spread warmth throughout your space. This tower space heater from Lasko includes a remote control that has onboard storage. The Lasko 755320 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater includes a remote control so you an adjust the settings easily from across the room.
- tower design means you can use it in small space
- you can store the remote on the back of the heater so you never lose it
- it’s ETL listed for safety
- has a carrying handle on the top
- oscillation feature helps the heat spread throughout the room
- remote control allows you to easily adjust the settings
4. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
This space heater from Lasko has a stylish design that works well to heat your room. Conveniently placed on top of the space heater is an easy to read LED display and controls. It has several different functions so you can use it to quickly and efficiently heat many spaces. This beautiful heater from Lasko brings style and function to your rooms. It comes with a remote control so you can adjust the settings from anywhere in the room. The Lasko Design Series Ceramic Space Heater is perfect for anyone looking for a stylish and functional heater. This heater has several heat settings and a programmable thermostat.
- temperatures range from 60 degrees F to 85 degrees F
- includes overheat protection
- heater sits on a decorative stand which helps it blend into to your other decor
- includes a built in timer
- has an easy to read LED screen that allows you to see the exact temperature
- timer can be programed from 1 hour to 7 hours
5. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
Thanks to the modern design, the fireplace will harmoniously fit into your interior. The heater is very powerful when compared to others but also operates quietly. It can be used in rooms up to 1000 square feet. Heater is the first to feature a dual heating system for maximum heat transfer rate. This heater is also safe to use and comes with overheat protection. This space heater uses infrared technology to heat up larger spaces than most other space heaters can. This space heater features infrared technology that works to heat up quickly. This powerful space heater from Dr Infrared Heater includes an Auto Energy Saving technology with high and low modes. The Dr Infrared Heater is portable and powerful.
- can heat a space up to 1000 square feet
- blower is powerful but still quiet during operation
- comes with a 12 hour automatic shutoff feature
- uses a standard 3-prong outlet
- has a thermostat that ranges from 50 to 86 degrees F
- comes with a remote control
6. 700W/1500W Ceramic Space Heater
Unlike conventional fan heaters, it heats up with ceramic plates, which contributes to efficient air heating, and the fan evenly distributes heat throughout the room. This heater features 3 different settings. Just plug directly into an outlet and get cozy. It’s great for use in a bedroom, home office, or other small to medium size room. It’s small and includes a handle on the top for portability. This heater from Brightown has simple controls so you can adjust it easily. The heater has a portable design with a handle on the top so you can move it around easily. This portable ceramic space heater has a safe design so you don’t have to worry about fires from tipping over or overheating. This ceramic space heater from Brightown is affordable and versatile for use in many spaces.
- shuts off when it reaches a certain temperature to prevent overheating
- works very quietly so you can use it without noise disruption
- includes 3 settings: high, low, and fan
- designed to be powerful but quiet
- automatically turns off when the unit is tilted for safety
7. Ceramic Space Heater, 750W/1500W Portable Desk Small Quiet Fast Heating Fan
The heater is compact but powerful for its size. Specially designed for dorm, bedroom, office and many other medium size living spaces. It’s designed to be safe with an automatic shutoff feature when it gets knocked over. It also turns itself off to prevent overheating. It has several modes that makes it functional for year-round use. The Ceramic Space Heater from Mulandd is compact and ideal for use on top of a desk or table. It has 3 different modes, one of which can be used in warm weather to help circulate air. This compact heater is designed to heat up your space quickly.
- has a wider heating area than other similarly sized space heaters
- various modes mean you can use this unit all year
- ceramic heating elements heat up quickly
- includes a summer mode with a fan function
- has 2 cold weather modes with low or high heat
- comes with an adjustable thermostat
8. andily Space Heater
This heater is small in design and has a handle on the top so you can easily move around. The heater is operated through electricity and equipped with a thermostat that will now maintain the temperature by cycling the heater on or off. It has 3 modes, including one mode with just a fan, so you can easily use the unit any time of year. High heat mode provides 1500 watts of heating power, low heat mode provides 750 watts of heating power, and the fan mode can be used to circulate air. This space heater from andily is small and budget-friendly. The andily space heater comes fully assembled and ready to use out of the box.
- compact design
- affordable price
- builtin safety feature makes the unit shutoff if it gets turned over
- has a power indicator light that tells you when the unit is plugged in
- automatic overheat system shuts the unit off if it gets too hot
- simple controls on the top allow you to adjust the heat or switch modes
9. Ceramic Space Heater
This space heater from ASTERION has a compact design with a handle on the back for portability. Built-in overheat protection, if it reaches a certain temperature of the heater, it will auto-off and standby. It can be used in a bedroom, office, or other space where you need extra warmth. This unit features 5 different modes for use in different seasons. This space heater from ASTERION uses ceramic heating technology to heat up quickly and to heat your room efficiently. It has several modes, including a freeze mode that’s designed to prevent your space from dropping below 45 degrees. The ASTERION space heater has a digital LED display that shows you the exact temperature and also indicates the mode the unit is operating in.
- you can set a low and high temperature so it comes on and goes off automatically
- tip over protection prevents fires if the unit gets turned over
- has a portable handle for moving it around your home as needed
- includes a mini remote control
- has an ECO mode to save power
- oscillation helps heat an entire room
10. C1500W / 750W Ceramic Space Heater
This compact heater is easy to use and has a dial on the top to adjust the thermostat. Portable heater with handle, easy to move from room to room. This means you can easily use the unit throughout all the seasons to heat or cool your space. The ceramic space heater from GiveBest has a safe design so you don’t have to worry about the unit overheating and causing a fire. It has 3 different modes, 2 for heat and 1 for cool, so you can use the heater throughout the year. It automatically turns off it tips over or it the unit gets too hot. This heater from GiveBest has the following 3 modes: 1500W, 750W, and cool blow fan.
- includes an adjustable thermostat control
- small size makes it ideal for use in an office or bedroom
- heater controls are simple
- heater is ETL certified
Rating of The Best Space Heater in 2021
Lasko 5409 Ceramic Portable Space Heater
Lasko Model 100 MyHeat Personal Space Heater
Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater
Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater
Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
700W/1500W Ceramic Space Heater
Ceramic Space Heater, 750W/1500W Portable Desk Small Quiet Fast Heating Fan
andily Space Heater
Ceramic Space Heater
C1500W / 750W Ceramic Space Heater
What to consider when choosing a space heater?
At the time of purchase, the question arises, which is better: a heater or a fan heater. The use of the latter is relevant in rooms where there is no need to constantly maintain comfortable temperatures, but they need to be quickly installed. These are special household or industrial units that convert any type of energy into heat. Upon purchase, it is taken into account:
- type of heating element;
- functioning mode;
- the presence of additional functionality.
The unit should not create inconvenience.
Classification of devices at the installation site
Depending on the type of placement, fan heaters are divided into portable and fixed, which, in turn, are classified into 4 types. Allocate:
- Wall mounted. They differ in the production of a powerful jet of warm air. Such units save space in the room and are convenient to operate. In appearance, they are similar to a split system.
- Outdoor. They have the form of columns, famous for their performance and lower noise level, often equipped with the “automatic rotation” function.
- Ceiling. They differ in effective equalization of air temperature over the entire area of the room. Actual for rooms that have high ceilings.
- Desktop. Also known as portable, characterized by compact dimensions, the ability to transport and ease of storage. In summer they are used as standard fans.
You need to choose based on the characteristics of the room.
The most popular power value is 1-2 kW. It is rational to purchase such units for rooms whose area does not exceed 10 sq.m. In general, the power in a device varies from 600 watts to 3,000 watts. The higher the indicator, the sooner the device copes with the necessary functions.
If the space heater is planned to be used as a help to the main communication, then 1000-1500 W power will be enough. In other cases, a more productive unit will be required.
Classification by type of heating element
Space heaters are also divided into groups according to the type of heater. All existing models are classified into 3 categories:
- Units with spiral heating. This is a budget modification. Such units heat the air when passing through a spiral, which is made of a metal alloy having a high electrical resistance. As a rule, nichrome wire is most often used. The spiral is located in the open position, wrapped in the form of a ring on a base made of a material resistant to high temperatures, and a special transformation of the turns allows you to keep the shape.
- Devices with a heating element – a tubular electric heater. Such a component, in fact, the same kind of spiral, is only covered with protective material. The latter has a filler in dry loose form, which is used as quartz sand or manganese oxide. They serve both as an insulator and as a heat transfer element, which makes it possible to uniformly distribute the heat throughout the outer shell.
- Devices with ceramic heater. Units with such a component are even distinguished externally – by the structure of a cellular shape, similar in appearance to a radiator of a machine. Posistors are used, which are semiconductors coated with a ceramic shell, and a special lattice made of thin aluminum having a corrugated structure with excellent thermal conductivity.
The most practical and high-quality element is considered the latter.
When choosing a space heater it’s important to consider safety. Most are designed to automatically turn off if they tip over or if they get too hot. They come in various sizes with different features. They don’t require installation like other heating systems and they can be easily stored away once warm weather returns. If you’re on a budget there are plenty of budget friendly options.
There are also some pricier space heaters with advanced heaters like timers or programming options that make them more functional in your home.
When choosing the right space heater it’s important to find one that heats up your room quickly. Some can heat larger rooms while others are designed for use in small spaces. Efficiency may also be a consideration if you’re trying to save money on your power bill. Some space heaters can be very cost effective when it comes to heating smaller homes and individual rooms.
An expert in household appliances and electronics. I prepare and publish reviews, ratings and instructions for choosing the best models and brands. Higher education – IT engineer.