The deep fryers designed for use at home do not particularly differ from each other in functional terms. Their only purpose is to fry food. As a key point in choosing a product, is the maximum amount of product that can be prepared. The design includes a number of basic elements: case, container for cooking dishes, as well as a heating element. It is usually made from plastic or stainless steel. The heating element is heated to 150-190 degrees, equipped with a thermostat that limits the degree of heating. Using a deep fat fryer, you can fry meat, fish, vegetables and a number of other products.
When compiling our ranking of the best deep fryers in 2022, we took into account not only these factors, but also a number of others, among which the user reviews and value for money were the determining ones. We hope that our rating will help you quickly determine the right model and make the right choice when buying.
QUICK PICKS BY CONSUMER RATINGS & REPORTS
The Best Deep Fryers Consumer Report 2022:
1. T-fal FR8000 Oil Filtration Stainless Steel Immersion Deep Fryer
It features an oil filtration system that drains and filters oil for future use. This saves a lot of money on oil every time you cook. You will have healthier foods each time you use this fryer. Its thermostat is sensitive enough to readjust the temperature whenever you make changes. The advanced oil temperature heating system ensures you have the ideal heating temperature that seals the exterior of your food, therefore, minimizing oil absorption. You will love cooking with the T-fal deep fryer.
2. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
Its compact size makes it easy to store in small spaces. Snap-on lid stores oil without spills or odor. The 4:4 food to oil ration allows you to make a big serving with just 4 cups of oil, therefore, saving you oil. Once you set the frying temperature, it will automatically maintain that for the perfect results. The handy scoop efficiently lifts and drains the food for serving. No messier basket and the snap-on lid will store oil without spilling or leaving an odor. It is designed with a non-stick surface making it easy to clean. Make crispy shrimp, French fries, onion rings, and chicken without a hassle and in a safe way. It is now easy to deep fry foods faster.
3. Secura 4.2L/17-Cup 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple-Basket
It features a removable oil tank, magnetic safety plug, and a platter-protecting lid making it a very safe deep fryer. 1700 watt immersion element preheats and recovers oil temperature fast. The automatic timer adjusts up to 60 minutes and will shut down the heating element when time runs out. You will experience a reduced odor emission due to the activated carbon filter. It has three baskets and a 4.2-liter oil capacity. Cook for a large family at once in the separate baskets and save time and energy. Fry large meals with this deep fryer. View the cooking progress through the viewing window.
4. Hamilton Beach Professional Deep Fryer
It is designed to allow you lower food into the oil and lift it out when the lid is closed. This eliminates splatter that can harm you when cooking. Once you have used it, clean it in the dishwasher conveniently and quickly. It has convenient timers and adjustable heat for different foods. Adjustable temperature dial from 265°f to 375°F. Your food will come out crispy and tasty without enduring any mess. Enjoy delicious foods made with this large deep fryer.
5. Hamilton Beach Electric Deep Fryer, 4.5-Liter Oil Capacity
It has an extra-large 12-cup capacity that can make enough food for a crowd or a big family. You do not need to make food in multiple batches. The hooks help drain the food without leaving a mess. Fry two different foods in the double baskets to save both time and energy. It features audible timers and adjustable temperature, making you a master fryer. It is a home version of the professional fryers and uses an immersed heating element to heat the oil faster. Frying with this product will give you golden results each time. When done just wash it in the dishwasher.
6. Cuisinart CDF-200 Deep Fryer, 4 quart, Stainless Steel
It is perfect for cooking seafood, onion rings, potato fries, and vegetables in addition to the favorite donut. An 1800-watt immersion-style heating element makes the heat-up and recovery time for the Cuisinart Deep Fryer fast and efficient. Prepare big family meals and safely wash it in the dishwasher quickly. It can hold up to 2.3 pounds of food in the 4-quart capacity. It features a powerful heating element that distributes the heat uniformly throughout the cooking. Prepare and serve up delicious hot donuts right at home with this donut fryer.
7. T-fal FR4049 Family Pro
It features a 1-60 minute countdown timer, and a temperature-ready indicator to signal you to lower in the food. The 1600-watt fryer’s adjustable thermostat allows for selecting the perfect cooking temperature. After every batch, the heating element quickly adjusts in case you change the settings. It will efficiently fry various types of food from chicken, donuts, French fries, to corn dogs. Its adjustable thermostat allows you to select the right cooking temperature for every food. It holds up to 3.3 liters of oil and 2.65 pounds of food. There is no better way to make family-sized batches of your fried foods than with this deep fryer.
List of The Best Deep Fryers in 2022:
T-fal FR8000 Oil Filtration Stainless Steel Immersion Deep Fryer
Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
Secura 4.2L/17-Cup 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple-Basket
Hamilton Beach Professional Deep Fryer
Hamilton Beach Electric Deep Fryer, 4.5-Liter Oil Capacity
Cuisinart CDF-200 Deep Fryer, 4 quart, Stainless Steel
T-fal FR4049 Family Pro
Did you know that deep-fried fries have fewer calories than fried in a regular skillet? The secret is that at high temperatures (190 ° C), hot deep fat is not absorbed into the food. It envelops the surface, turning into a crispy crispy crust that is so popular with adults and children.
Deep fryer: how to choose?
When choosing a device, pay attention to 4 important parameters:
- power – an average of 1800-2000 W. Remember – the higher the power, the faster the oil will warm up and the dish will cook. Its adjustment can be stepped or smooth (depending on the model);
- the volume of the bowl includes the maximum volume of oil (but not the product). A 2-3 liter deep fryer will hold 1-1.2 kg of product;
- filters are removable, easy to replace, and permanent – it is much more convenient to wash them. There are two types:
- against odors – keeps the smell of food and oily vapors, not letting out of the fryer;
- oil – filters the butter from pieces of food and breading;
- cleaning method. Choose models with a removable bowl – this makes cleaning the device much easier. Non-stick bowls do not adhere to dirt.
How to cook in a deep fryer?
Making a treat in a deep fat fryer is very easy as the oil heats up to a certain temperature, which is maintained by a thermostat. The timer keeps track of the time and with a sound signal (in some models) notifies about the end of cooking or automatically turns off.
To make deep-fried foods tasty and not so harmful, adhere to 7 main rules:
- do not mix different types of oil,
- do not dilute fresh oil with used oil,
- add seasonings and salt to ready-made dishes;
- change the oil regularly (not only when it has already darkened, changed its consistency, tastes bitter or has an unpleasant odor);
- rinse the potatoes into strips with running water to rinse off the starch. Dry it with a napkin, then deep-fried slices will not stick to each other;
- cut the potatoes into equal sized slices (for example, a slicer) so that they are evenly deep-fried;
- deep-fry frozen food in smaller portions – no more than a third of the basket. They quickly cool the heated oil and can soak in it.
How to clean the oil from the fryer?
Cleaning the fryer is much easier if the old oil hasn’t turned into a sticky gruel. It is not difficult to wash the appliance with a removable bowl, basket and lid:
- do not wipe off burnt food residues with a hard washcloth, so as not to damage the coating. Fill the container with water for 3-4 hours to soften the dirt;
- Wash the bowl with hot water using a sponge and anti-grease detergent.
If the fryer has a non-removable bowl, wash it in another way:
- drain off the fat and blot the rest with a paper towel;
- clean the walls with a sponge using anti-grease detergents;
- wipe the device with a dry paper towel.
As you can see, the choice of the home deep fryer is not connected with any global difficulties, however, even it should be approached responsibly so that the device for a long time delights with delicious dishes and reliable operation. We really hope that our review will help you find the perfect device for your family.
I am an expert in household appliances and electronics. I prepare and publish reviews, ratings, consumer reports, and instructions for choosing the best models and brands. I have a higher education- IT engineer (IT).
I can help you decide what product to buy for your home or office by providing my honest opinion after testing different products from various manufacturers. The goal of my work is to provide thorough information that will allow consumers to make informed decisions when purchasing a new appliance or electronic device.
Last update on 2022-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API